View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sabah Hunzai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem gurmani View Post
AOA
Before i go further and jot down my opinion about the ideology of pakistan i have few questions to ask from both sides, those who believe pakistan was .

6.Muslims who joined Muslim League were not that much practising, why they would have considered the option of a country with strict religious laws?

AFter your response i will jot down my own point of view regrading the ideology of Pakistan.
what came to my mind after reading your queries, is the historical misappropriation of facts and nothing else. Just think Muslim League was not a party of common people, it was made by Muslim nobles, who were not getting their desirious status in india against the mighty congress. secondly, religious clerics were against Muslim League, becasue they were in a nostalgia for Khilafat and pan-Islamism. they were quite sure about the politics of muslim secular minds like Quaid.
Muslims who were living for centuries side by side with hindus, infact with exceptional harmony, were not facing religious problems of practices, rather political leadership for securing their socio-economic as well as political rights was the lacunae. this was the reason, Muslims had demanded for a new country where they could deliver socio-economic justice and political liberty. Unfortunately, after the demise of Quaid, religious clerics came with their theocratic ideology, and henc the very ideological stance of muslim league shattered. that was the reason Muslim League dissappeared from the scene till its revival by Gen Ayub in 1963

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Quote