View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 23, 2010

oriental is on a distinguished road
Hello All

As this debate is about Muslim Ideology so I would like to say something very short.

1) Muslims were not a nation at that time. yes,they were divide at that time in communities i.e. The one comprised those people whose ancestors had migrated from Central Asia.(The so called NOBELS)Second group was that of the Local people of India.

No unity between these groups at that time....The Nobels were affluent and use to kept the local people at bay ,no matter if they ere their Muslim brethern.Their culture and variant traditions were seen by the local people as a constan source of conflict.

2)The British govt first aroused these Communal Feelings among the HINDU and MUSLIMS.That is ,the British divided the Sub-continent on the basis of Communalism (Religion as a source of Identity).Before this Muslims (HUNDU as wel)were oblivious of their Separte identity.(James Mill in History of British India)

This was the wel known Divide and Rule policy of the British govt,which wsas later exploitecd by orthodox political leaders of both side for their own vested interests.

Let me talk about it in detail later on , for I am in hurry.....Bye

Regards