View Single Post
Old Friday, January 29, 2010

Artemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to all
Default Even more strange!

FPSC has the list of candidates who passed CE 2009 and are yet to appear in the interview. By now FPSC is also supposed to have a record of those candidates who are to appear in CE 2010. Now a very simple query can return them a list with those CE 2009 candidates who are to appear in 2010. Generating such a report from database is a matter of minutes.

So I am really unable to understand why they want candidates to call them. Like they have hundreds of data entry operators of 14 to16 grades, they have IT Assistant Directors whose job starts from grade17, govt is presumed to have invested a huge amount to set up computerized systems for them. Still they consider their computerized systems no good for such a tiny-miny thing.

They want it in a manual way! So candidates will call them and they will note down all such roll nums and particulars. Then they will make a list from these records. This can be a safe bet that such a list will never be inclusive. There would be a number of candidates not is touch with day to day updates from FPSC; from different areas without computer access and those who are too busy in preparation and waiting for their call letters at their door step.
I know there are people here who consider FPSC sacred and are never willing to tolerate any criticism to it. But give me a rationale for this! Give me a rationale for our budget allocations for setting up and maintaining their computerized systems!

Aur muje ye b batien k is pe banda hansay ya roay? Like aik itna ghareeb mulk hai hum bahir se pasay mangte hain hum already ghareeb awam pe aur ziada tax lagate hain.. phr un pason main se inahin depts bana k datay hain, computers purchase krte hain, databases k license latay hain, log hire krte hain aur at the end of the day ye kahte hain k inhain phone ker k note karaya jae..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artemis For This Useful Post:
kukikhel (Sunday, January 31, 2010), Sarah shah (Friday, January 29, 2010)