View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 28, 2006
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow

apparently the thread starter wanted us to discuss the topics...Pardon my dry humor Ladies n Gentlemen.... heres what comes to my mind instantly:

1- Truth, short in Supply.
( Media can't earn enough if they start spreading the truth. Besides, A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.... so according to this Universal Truth, Truth holds no significance )

2- Liberalism (Musharraf has lost weight and his hair's gone all white since the day he started preachin this, but this backward nation of his is still stuck deciding whether 2 & 2 make four or should they call it Twenty two.)

3- Humor in Urdu Literature (Can't think of others except for Ibn-e-Insha, Deputy Nazeer Ahmad and the well known "Mulla Naseeruddin kay lataa'if"... guess other members can shed some light in this area, cuz i'm kinda shorta' info)

4- Foreign Direct investment in PK (The influx of Pakistanis previously settled abroad plays the pivotal role.... they brought in their businesses along or managed to convince their previous employers that offshored business cud earn them huge bucks.... besides, the "Foreign Policy" of our beloved govt. has somewhat proved effective too...)

5- Personalization of Pakistani Politics ( When Personal interests take over National Interests - When Politicians see no way out, they portray personal interests as National ones.... just as in the case of Dams... several other examples...)

6- Global Warming ( No, i haven't had a detailed study of Evday Science as yet.... but the OZONE DESTRUCTION FACTOR might prove to be worth mentioning...)

7- Nukes, Not a great Peril, but A Great Hope. (yep, the last hope of our army that guarantees an "India nuke-attack-proof Pakistan" .... ... I don't see how Nukes could be a great hope except that they're either to be used or left to rot... Pakistan has simply no use of keeping'em, but disposin'em ain't possible either, the man behind the scene, has been put behind bars... and the rest of his team is clueless without him.
nah, just kidding, if some1 wrote this they're gonna be spanked .... )

8- Brains, like hearts, Go where they're appreciated (I guess discussing the outflow of talent from Pakistan to western nations where the talent is both appreciated and put to the right use can be discussed here.....however, in this one, facts and figures would add to the score big time)

9- Lotsa folks confuse ..... (Here I'd mention the example of the Chinese nation, they got good rulers and a literally "drunk" nation turned out to be one of the leading nations in the world within 5 decades, whereas our "politically, religiously and several other-ly" nation which has been gifted with every natural resource remains a backward nation .... its poor management, not bad destiny that has kept us laggin behind in all our prospects --- and finally our ppl have started saying "Pakistan ko nazar laggayee, Pakistan kee badnaseebi hai .... such superstitious ppl, won't work hard and will easily blame Providence for all that goes wrong!
Nevertheless, v're here to set new trends... Wake up PAKiSTAN!)

10- There comes a time to put aside principles and do what's right
Simply rephrase it: "There comes a time to put aside Army rulers and let the Bureaucrats rule! "

enough for tonight, finally i feel sleepy!

GoodKnight!

eXiT.