View Single Post
Old Wednesday, February 03, 2010
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
it failed coz the the nazims,naib nazims all were members of PML-Q where as the top brass is represented by the PML-N,clash of interests indeed uprooted the system here.as to the secondary reasons poor implimentation of policy and uncooperation of civil servants is responsible.
Thnx bro fr ur views but i wud like u 2 xplain what u meant by top brass (MPA/MNA'z etc or establishment) coz as far MPA/MNA'z r concerned during larger part of LG tenure even da MPA/MNA almost all belonged to PML(Q).

Secondly u r ryt tht the essence of democracy does supports LG system but i never did opposed tht. I do believe tht yes it shd be dere. But the prob 4 me is given the potential/caliber of many Nazim do u think they do qualify fr such imp office. I ll need something else frm u other than Democracy iz a system which works on principle of self correction so give it da tym nd it ll evolve 2 b good

As per my understanding in the last LG system dey tried to provide room fr inclusion of civil servants(bureaucracy) in the imp decision making process coz they had ths idea tht the Nazims ll nt be qualified 2 run the affairs of govt. So the system was a mixture of two offices of DCO n Nazim. Nd tht led 2 all kinds of confusion as responsibility was not fixed on any specified office so both had da lame excuse tht he z nt responsible

Secondly what happens is tht u say tht LG is a provincial subject nd it z introduced by center by passing Provinces nf furthermore provinces were nt allowed 2 make any amendments till 2010.

Thirdly yes dere was a tussle between MPAs/MNAs nd Nazims in spite tht they belonged to same parties over who z da center of power. Now all 3 share da same territorial interests so dey clashed. Ideally the role of MPA/MNA is legislation nd policy making nd LG z da tool 2 implement those policies. But in our political scenario no matter how much good a MNA/MPA has done by legislating good bills fr public unless he goes dere in public nd inaugurates a road, water filtration plant, gas connections etc, he knows he wnt gets any votes next time. But all these thngs shd be ideally done by LG. So here z da clash of interests.

4th under LG system some provincial line departments were brought down at district levels like education health etc nd charge was given 2 EDO'z. Now if dese were provincial line departments tht were brought down they shd actually be responsible 2 provincial ministry but actually dey were answerable 2 DCO( A federal agent)

Im short of tym so ll put somethings in next sitting. Meanwhile u ppl plz try 2 enlighten me over the pts raised above.

regards

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.