Thread: Quotations.
View Single Post
Old Friday, February 19, 2010
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

when I sometimes begged of him not to work such long hours and to give up for some time his constant and whirlwind tours that carried him from one end of India to another, he would say, "Have you ever heard of a General take a holiday, when his army is fighting for its very survival on a battlefield? ...

He had the reputation of demolishing a well-built up case with one sentence, and what match could I be for him when it came to arguments? On such occasions I abandoned logic for sentiment, "But your life is precious; and you must take good care of it." With a distant look in his eyes, he said, "What is the health of one individual, when I am concerned with the very existence of ten crore2 Muslims of India? Do you realize how much is at stake?"

To me, who was always with him, it was a common sight to see him get up from a sick bed with difficulty, looking worn out and exhausted, inspite of the smart clothes that he wore. We would sit in our car on our way to address a huge gathering of Muslims, and all along the route he maintained strict silence, not to marshal his thoughts, but to preserve every ounce of his energy. As he surveyed the seething mass of humanity that sat in their tens of thousands on bare earth to listen to him, he would speak to them in a voice that showed no trace of age or ill-health. At every pause they would shout, "Quaid-e-Azam Zindabad." He kept on raising his voice to a higher and higher crescendo of hope and cheer to his people, who seemed to be trapped in a dreary darkness under a cloudless sky. Little did his people know how tired, worn out, exhausted, and how sick he was. He was their hero, and how can one blame a hero for being heroic?

"I have not been placed on this earth to get the most out of life, but to add the most to the lives of those around me."

You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

love is like heaven but hurts like hell

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative

"How mant things apparently impossible have nevertheless been performed by those resolute men who had no alternative but death"-Napoleon

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

We walk faster when we walk alone."-Napoleon

The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Don't be afraid to fail. Don't waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It's OK. If you're not failing, you're not growing. -H. Stanley Judd

Commitment is a line you must cross....it is the difference between dreaming and doing.-Bernie Fuchs

The strong man is the one who is able to intercept at will the communication between the senses and the mind. Napoleon Bonaparte

There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. Napoleon Bonaparte

International incidents must not be allowed to shape foreign policy, foreign policy must shape the incidents. Napoleon Bonaparte

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.