View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 07, 2010
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold
Question Please advice....

09. Religion has done more harm than help to human relations in the world.

This was the essay I attenpted.

I won't reproduce the outline, its just the same like others who attempted this.

I tried to use all Argumentation, (by presenting anti-theses and arguing on questions that may appear in my readers' mind), Description, Narration, (How terrorists misuse the concepts of Religion; narration of a suicide bomber turned with the aid of religion) Exposition and Definition (A bit about how Religion is defined).

A plus, I didn't put emphasis only on inter-religious intolerance but also discussed intera-religious intolerance (sectarian conflicts Shiits vs Sunnis, Protestants vs Catholicss, Attack of Spain on England, destruction os Spanish Armada).

I, however, didn't blame religions but the misuse of Religions, exploitation of Religions. I did mention what all religions order about human relations; peace and harmony, and how the followers misuse it. I didn't want to look an atheist

I discussed Crusades, as a special case. I put lot of emphasis on present day world's problem; terrorism in this context. I discussed how in the name of Allah they slaughter their fellow Muslims in Swat-Malakand. ........

A problem: I have also reproduced 8 lines of poetry (of my own from a poem which I published on-net last year during op. Rah-e-Rast indicating the complain of an IDP that how those terrorists misused religion.)

MY QUERY, IS MY INCLUDING POETRY ALLOWED. RESPONCE FROM ALL PLEASE.