View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 18, 2010
40th CTP (IRS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 313

Riaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura aboutRiaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
every one is welcomed to make the precis of the following para. As it is the easiest para for all the css aspirants but it is my first precis. so plz help me and check my precis.
original para
i do not know enough social history to be able to say when the democratization of sweets began. sweets can scarcely have become the universal food of the children while sugar remained an expansive luxury, as it did, apparently, until the eighteen century. there were sweets in Shakespeare days, but i doubt whether the children of the poor often tasted the march pane and kissing comfits, which are mentioned in his plays. there were, we are told, no confectioners, as we now know them, till the nineteenth century. until then sweet making was in the hands of druggists which suggests that the ancestor of all those delicacies that are eaten today in defiance of the laws of health was that medical utility the cough-drop. (words: 124)

precis
title: history of the sweets
it was impossible for the sweet to became the universal food for the children till eighteen century. before the 19 century the sweets making was in the hands of druggist which shows that cough drop was the real ancestor of the today's sweets.
nice to have you here on this forum dear brother........i appreciate your first attempt,and consult you to practice from dawn news paper,specially the editorial,if u can.....overall,success is underpinned by handwork.....

Last edited by Princess Royal; Friday, March 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riaz Ahmed Alizai For This Useful Post:
Abdul Ghafoor kakar (Friday, March 26, 2010)