Thread: mcqzzzz time
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Arbab.Danish will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasikhan View Post
1. _____ he has paid for the concert tickets, he has not received them yet.

If
As
Since
Although

2. Neither of us _____ likely to be deceived by him now, after learning how Mary was conned by him several times.
is
are
was
were
3. Susan likes oranges but I prefer mangoes _____ oranges.
to
than
from
rather
4. It's too late! Mrs Foo _____ the departure lounge by the time we arrive at the airport.
leaves
has left
is leaving
would have left
5. The person _____ I met at the party last night turned out to be my brother's classmate.
who
what
whom
whose
6. Though the baby is only a few months old, we can see that he certainly _____ his father.
takes after
takes over
takes on
takes up
7. Jamie, together with her sisters, _____ to join the band when they start school next year.
intend
intends
intended
intending
8. Though Jimmy was my kindergarten classmate, he is only an______________________ as we do not have many things in common.
accessory
audience
acquaintance
accomplice
9. The team was____________to win the tournament even though they had lost the first match.
apt
adamant
anticipated
abandoned
10. The class was____________by the difficult problem posed by the Mathematics teacher.
baffled
relieved
abhorred
acquitted
11. We were amazed by the_____________tricks performed by the Russian acrobats at the circus.
abrupt
amateur
ardent
awesome
12. Even though dragons and phoenixes do not exist, these_______________creatures are commonly found in many myths around the world.
weird
imaginary
suspicious
grotesque
This was my try, And it felt easy, although I am not 100 % sure about some of them.