Thread: SPSC - news
View Single Post
Old Friday, April 02, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,975 Times in 838 Posts
Predator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to behold
Post Letters To The Editor

SPSC’s poor performance

THE performance of the Sindh Public Service Commission has deteriorated considerably over the last two years.

It has failed to live up to the expectations of the poor but deserving candidates of the province, as far as the question of providing jobs to them on merit is concerned.

The inefficiency of the SPSC can be judged from the fact that more than 11 months have passed but it has not been able to declare results of the written portion of the PSC Combined Examination, 2008 conducted by it in April 2009.

The candidates have been making phone calls repeatedly to the office of the Sindh Public Service Commission at Hyderabad for knowing the reasons for the delay in the announcement of the results, but the authorities concerned have failed to satisfy them on one pretext or the other.

When I made a phone call a couple of days back for the purpose, I was told by the controller of examinations that since quite a large number of candidates have appeared in the examinations, the process of assessment of the papers was, therefore, still going on and the result would be announced as and when the same is finalised.

I further inquired as to how long candidates have to wait for their results.

The controller said that they would still have to wait for at least another two to three months. Never in the history of the SPSC has a delay of almost a year occurred.

NAZIR AHMED SHAIKH Larkana
http://epaper.dawn.com/ArticleText.a...3_2010_006_013