View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Unique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Ranjha View Post
Y u ppl are mixing a field of knowledge with a profession. I did Engg not to get a handsome job wid a big salary package but coz i wanted to learn few things. Nd my this desire isn't gonna end by me opting 4 CSS. I ll still be learning new things from my field nd applying them wherever possible. I can speak on the behalf of engrz that they are much better equipped to handle a daily life issue or situation which has got nothing to do with dere degree just coz they have developed sound analytical approach to analyze the prob nd come up with solutions. This approach can be applied in any field or profession and is not limited to any particular profession
well Mr Ranjha
You are right in your opinion that having a background of Science/Engineering imparts analytical skills that helps you deal in detecting and solving a social problem, but I strongly believe that if a student has an ultimate aim of doing CSS he/she should not go for Medicine/Engineering rather he/she should opt for social sciences and humanities. It's far easy for a good student to excel in CSS if he has a degree in social sciences bcz CSS in its essence tests how well educated is a candidte regarding society. However if ''that'' good student first does Med/Engg then he has to work more in preparing for CSS.