View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 06, 2010
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50

S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique View Post
well Mr Ranjha
You are right in your opinion that having a background of Science/Engineering imparts analytical skills that helps you deal in detecting and solving a social problem, but I strongly believe that if a student has an ultimate aim of doing CSS he/she should not go for Medicine/Engineering rather he/she should opt for social sciences and humanities. It's far easy for a good student to excel in CSS if he has a degree in social sciences bcz CSS in its essence tests how well educated is a candidte regarding society. However if ''that'' good student first does Med/Engg then he has to work more in preparing for CSS.
Bro i never meant to say that ppl coming from background of social sciences or Arts are not talented enough. My point is that unfortunately our educational system for Arts n social science group hardly has to offer anything which helps develop analytical skills required for finding solutions. So i still ll say that engineering offers u good enough practice to help build ur abilities to utilize them to their fullest. What goods our system imparts to a person doing BA???? I never found one. I know i did my BA pvt wid maximum of 48 hours of prep for all the papers nd i scored more than 90% of the candidates coming after 2 yrs of college studies. Here my point is not that im anything better than they were. My reservations is with da system coz im sure that college staff n system of those 90% students had not motivated them enough even fr a 48 hrs study in 2 whole yearz!!

No offence meant. Dese r just my views nd i own them
Regards

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.