View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 08, 2010
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamarapakistan View Post
dear umar abbas
there is no conflict on the name of new proposed province.there are so many communities living in Multan and adjoining areas namely
1.saraiki speaking
2. punjabi speaking
3. urdu speaking
i belongs to urdu speaking family but i support this movement beacause we dont demand new province on any ethnic base but on administrative base.Now Punjab Government Collapse 10 billion rs Funds of Multan without any justification and this money is now spent on different mega projects in Lahore.i would like to say that development of Lahore and upper punjab should be managed by their funds not by our funds
agreed....but democracy calls for the majority not to cater every opinion or ethnicity...and if your believe that just by splitting a province may improve the conditions in multan and adjoining areas, what can i add here?...after all you have important ministers in the present government and not to forget the PM...if still you face economic and developmental disparity GOD be with you guys then..

and one thing more, i am against a comparative analysis all the times...when planning such mega structures, you always analyze the cost to benefit aspect of such a project....the same project in multan may not have yielded the fruits that it may do so in lahore!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Prince View Post
Every nation should have the right of self-rule. Erection of new provinces is not a threat to the integration of the country rather it would ensure smooth policy making and implementation. If the problems of the people are solved at their door steps then it would be a good achievement and it is possible by making new provinces.

Perhaps, new provinces will be rules by same feudal lords and those families who have monopoly in Pakistani politics but accountability and self-rule can force them to adopt concrete steps for uplift of aggrieved classes. They will work for their own area which is not possible in presence of big provinces where selected region has monopoly over government making.
then why not introduce the accountability and self rule in the present system? why need to introduce a new system when the old system can be cured by the same techniques that will be needed to ensure that the new system works fine..

by the way...a question for all....won't it be very naieve of us to expect that accountability, transparency, responsibility etc from a lot that seems to be too reluctant to let go of their perks and privileges (and not to forget undue excesses)? can we expect that they will introduce them (perhaps in the near future)?

Last edited by Lord AvaLon; Friday, April 09, 2010 at 12:05 AM.