View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 11, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aariz View Post
@Fasee
Someone told me that con current list is a law or authority which can be implemented by the federal govt in all the four provinces. After the amendment, the federal govt. will exercise less powers on the provincial matters.
Correct me plz
Pakistan is a federation and provinces its federating units. In every federation powers are distributed between federal government/centre and units/provinces. However, constitution of Pakistan has enumerated the powers of Centre and Province as worked out in federal structure.

There are three lists as mentioned by Faseeh Muhamamd. Concurent List – both centre and provinces can legislate on the subjects mentioned in it. In case there is inconsistency between central and provincial law, the federal law will prevail over provincial law i.e. central government has an upper hand.

After the abolition of Concurrent List – the subjects mentioned it will be transferred to provinces and thus giving them maximum provincial autonomy. Complain of provinces against highly centralized central government, maximum powers with federal government, interference of centre into the affairs of provinces, will be redressed. Concurrent List contains subjects for law making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
So which is the con-current list and what will be the consequences of ending it. ?
The 1973 Constitution enlisted 47 subjects in the Concurrent Legislative List. The 18th Amendment will abolish that list and transfer these subjects to the provinces. Go through the following link for subjects mentioned in concurrent list.

http://www.pakistani.org/pakistan/co...tml#conleglist

But the subjects enumerated in the concurrent list are not of much importance these are about Will, Bankruptcy, Arbitration, Trust and Trustees, Arms and Ammunations, Explosives, Drugs, Medicines, Population Welfare, Zakat, Tourism, Auqaf, Marriage and divorce; infants and minors; adoption. etc

I don’t think by transferring these subjects to the provinces will enhance provincial autonomy and change the fate of provinces. Control over resources, finance and revenue can empower the provinces otherwise abolition of concurrent list is not a big move towards maximum autonomy to provinces.

regards,

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xeric For This Useful Post:
Waqar Abro (Sunday, April 11, 2010)