View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 25, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
objectives Resolution was aganist the wishes of Jinnah
Quote:
"Religion is your Personal matter and not a state Matter"
Quote:
objective resolution was passed after the death of our beloved leader Quad-e-Azam.He often said after the creation of Pakistan that religion is personal matter.It has no concern with state.In his view the state should be secular with in the premises of Islam
People who try to prove Jinnah as secular mostly base their arguments on 11 August 1947 speech of the jinnah which he delivered in the first Constituent Assembly of Pakistan.I happened to read a column of dr safdar mehmood in which he stated that there are at least 100 instances when jinnah clearly and unambiguously stated that Pakistan would be an Islamic democratic State and Islam would be the ideology of Pakistan:

Speaking on the occasion of the Holy Prophet's birthday at the Karachi Bar Association on 25th January 1948, the Quaid said, "The Prophet of Islam (PBUH) was a great teacher. He was a great lawgiver. He was a great statesman and he was a great sovereign who ruled. The life of the Prophet (PBUH) was simple according to those times. He was successful in everything that he put his hand to from as a businessman to as a ruler. The Prophet (PBUH) was the greatest man that the world had ever seen. Thirteen hundred years ago he laid the foundations of democracy".

Addressing the Civil, Naval, Military and Air Force Officers at Khaliqdina Hall Karachi on 11th October 1947 the Quaid said, "It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great lawgiver, the Prophet of Islam. Let us lay the foundations of our democracy on the basis of true Islamic ideals and principles".

In his concluding speech at the session of All-India Muslim League, Karachi on 26th December 1943 the Quaid said, "What is it that keeps the Muslims united as one man, and what is the bedrock and sheet-anchor of the community. It is Islam. It is the Great Book, Quran, that is the sheet-anchor of Muslim India. I am sure that as we go on there will be more and more of oneness, one God, one Book, one Prophet and one Nation".

In the message of Eid to the Muslims in September 1945 he said, "Every Mussalman knows that the injunctions of the Holy Quran are not confined to religious and moral duties. From the Atlantic to the Ganges, says Gibbon, the Holy Quran is acknowledged as the fundamental code, not only of theology, but of civil and criminal jurisprudence, and the laws which regulate the action and the property of mankind are governed by immutable sanctions of the will of God". Everyone, except those who are ignorant, knows the Holy Quran is the general code of the Muslims".

One can quote many speeches to establish that jinaah truly believed that Quran will be the law of pakistan.11th august speech was misinterpreted in many ways.All what jinnah said in that speech was not contrary to basic principles of Islam.In an islamic state minorities and non muslims possess all rights as do muslim citizen.History of islam is replete with such examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamarapakistan View Post
javed iqbal
i m very sorry to say that two nations theory no more exists after the fall of Dhaka
That was what Miss Gandhi claimed at that time.did Muslim culture and Hindu culture merge after the fall of dhakka?did East wing of pakistan merge into india after that incident?did muslim and hindu become one nation afterwards?

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Merged