View Single Post
Old Monday, June 26, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle
In my opinion Pakistan is very gud but a few pakistanis are very bad.
Instead of strong institutions, we have strong persons.The only way pakistan can progress is my making its intitutions strong by converting it truely into welfare state.Strong institutions means end of corruption,rule of law all problems mentioned below are by product of weak institutions.While the progressing countries ve only one thing in common they all have strong institutions.They prefer merit instead of personal satisfaction which ultimately results in frustration among ppl.

1. poverty
2. illiteracy
3. corruption
3. terrorism/secterianism
4. foreign debt
5. restoration/promotion of democracy}Weak Institutions
6. water crisis
7. lack of leadership
8. population explosion
9. pollution
10.provincial disharmony ??
Aristotle Bhai,

Your point regarding strong institutions instead of strong personalities is good in principle. But as I do not like to follow many principles, so let me dare to point out the case of new member (She has joined forum today:http://www.cssforum.com.pk/off-topic...html#post18401 ), has got 712+39 marks -- 39 in essay .... so could not qualify written exam-2005. Now if you talk of 'strong institutions' then FPSC must follow its strict procedure and declare her fail in written.

For such instances, I am in favor of strong persons who should be able to apply their mind (remember that 'institution' cannot apply its mind bcoz it does not possess any mind), and should consider that her marks are good enough that defficiency of only one point can very easily be ignored.

Strong 'institutions' only can make our lives more mechanical. What 'institutions' do after all? They only ensure strict compliance to many written procedures. There may be many situations (like above-referred one) where application of mind of a strong person might be better that just following the blind procedures.

Institutions are important ..... but they are blind .... they do not possess mind of their own ...... they cannot take better decision in many particular cases. etc. etc.

Secondly, I do not think that our 'institutions' are weak.

Our institutions are very strong ... for example FPSC is very strong bcoz it possesses all the qualities of strong institution like .... it is blind ... it does not possess mind .... and so on....!!!!!
Shikva (Monday, March 22, 2010)