View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 16, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

good one

a doctor is a doctor.rule to become a doctor is "once a doctor always a doctor and nothing more".

male/female discrimination does not mean anything for a doctor and this profession.

why girls are increasing in medical colleges?

girls are increasing in almost all institutions except for few ones.

boys prefer easy way to earn. in this profession you have to wait so long and process is low and demands hard work. you will see majority of male students in business and engineering though girls ratio is increasing there too
other problem is 5 year of mbbs,1 year house job ,another at least 5-6 years of specialization and then one doctor can get some stability in life but age at that time is for most of doctors is 34-36.

pre-medical F.Sc and entry test have a shift for last 3-4 years after introduction of more objective types. now merit has risen to new heights.
girls usually are hard working and good at cramming(thats what majority thinks and is a fact to most extent).Fsc marks of girls are good and they easily get seats.

parent now take this profession suitable for girls and provide them with all facilities to get admission like tuitions,books,heavy fee etc.

can girls cope the pressure of this field?
yes and very beautifully and enthusiastically.

but being a soft gender it becomes sometimes difficult.

believe me i can quote here hundreds of example of lady doctors working in all fields of medicine and are successful.

gynaacology is not the only field girls are working in,they are almost in all fields.

problems of girls increase in medical?

majority left profession after marriages or don't go for specialization and thus does not contribute much.

girls cannot and do not want to go to periphery. low income there even male doctor don't want to go

girls have to handle both family/personal life as well professional life.so becomes difficult and they limit their activities at a stage.
can she sacrifice her family life in our community? i think most will not.

gender issue is quite common as it is difficult for a lady doctor to treat males in our community.so practice and option limits them to gynaecology.

girls are also human beings and have every right to take admission in medical college and leave this profession whenever they want to.

every doctor can have patient at any time and has to treat .

but one thing i have noticed is that in panic situations(heavy emergency) it is really difficult for lady doctors to continue.

male doctor can be a gynaecologist and there are. they are best in their field . i know some who started from periphery where no lady doctor is available.

cultural issue or taboos: once you are a doctor ,the patient in front of you is a patient irrespective of ethnicity ,gender, religion and such other discrimination.
should a lady doctor refuse to treat a male patient?
people usually don't prefer to go lady doctors except in case of gynaecology.
lady doctor in other fields are considered dumb.there is also reality in it but its not because of gender, its because of lack of knowledge and its application.
male doctor is always better than a lady doctor(it is becoming a fact)

fixing qouta is not the solution and will not contribute much.
Government has to take many steps as required in other fields.
girls should be motivated and well supported by their families and government to continue their profession as doctors.
Noor.Faiza (Monday, May 17, 2010), saba sattar (Sunday, May 16, 2010)