View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 20, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

@Engr.Aftab

What is name of your ISP? Which SIM do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
Guys, have you read a topic on The Dawn Blog, I was speechless at the shameless apathy of some of our liberal countrymen, denouncing facebook's banning with so lame arguments that one feels annoyed and a bit agonized. Its a pity, its shows how much imaanic heat has been left in their hearts and what value do they give to our Prophet's respect. Now I don't claim to be a good muslim but at least one shouldn't be such a be-ghairat to be so damn insensitive on this issue in the name of 'tolerance, peace and acting maturely'. I felt really bad.
Dear don't be upset on comments of such so-called moderates who are showing off moderation and tolerance. All the comments are awesome and reflects their love with the Holy Prophet PBUH. It is quite natural whether we follow the Sun'nah of the Holy Prophet completely or not, but we can't tolerate a word again him. If you ask such people who claim for tolerance that if someone make fun of your father then what will you do ? (sorry to that guy for being rude.

------------------

I would like to share some comments to enlighten the members of forum:

~“Glad it has been blocked. Now people will be forced to use time on more productive things than stay glued to facebook and youtube!”

~Facebook and Youtube should be permanently banned.

~they are not social websites they are antisocial every body knows that and a waste of time

~I am very happy and proud that Pakistan is the first muslim state to take an action of such a kind. I hope all muslim states should realise and act accordingly.

~i m very that PTA has blocked these sites
I think for first time pakistan has has taken such a brave step

~it should be a long life ban

~I have been a regular user of facebook and youtube and now that these two sites have been banned it got me thinking for a while what to do online now ? well i still havent figured it out yet but one thing is for sure that whatever alternative i find to facebook, it’ll be more constructive and useful. Im glad they have banned these sites because any disprespect of our religion and Drawing caricatures of our beloved Prophet(peace and blessings be upon him) is in no way acceptable to any true Muslim. I only hope that the ban sends a message to those non believers that the so called freedom of speech is insane and unacceptable and that if they dont stop at this than may Allah give the authorities the courage to ban these sites and any other intended to spread anarchy and anger among Muslims permanently.

~The two blocked website was more used for time killing.Our country is developing and youth is great asset of our country.Now, youth can explore mental faculties by using their brain in fruitful manner which will ultimately help to the development of the country.

~It’s funny how China bans google and other sites for political content and when Pakistan bans a site it becomes a controversy. Facebook says it won’t take down the content so fine we should ban them. It should be a permanent ban not just for a couple of days.

~Not only has it highlighted how addicted we are to these websites but also the fact that how dependent we are on the west for everything in our life. Muslims need to find and define alternatives for themselves. Mere boycotting is not the solution to the problem. How many goods and how many websites are we going to boycott before such things stop to happen..that’s the real question!

Last edited by Princess Royal; Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: posts merged