View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 26, 2010
36th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2007

scorpsshadow is on a distinguished road
Default Nops dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I read somewhere on forum that normally you are not posted abroad for first ten years of service in FSP. And even afterward it isn't that much easy, people use their approach and references. So I was thinking can't a female join FSP and opt to serve in Pakistan? Like she may manage to work here for most part of her service? It can safe her even from hassle of postings inside the country, since I suppose their job placement in Pak is only in Islamabad.
Thats totally wrong. After completing ur specialized training (even during which u are sent for 6 weeks to the hague, neitherland for a course) , you are posted as assistant director in the ministry and after 10-12 months of posting you have to go again out for a foreign language course for 10-24 months depending on the language. After you return back and spend some time you are again posted out as a third secretary to a embassy. You can refuse a posting but then there is no use of joining foreign service if u don't want to serve your country abroad but its very rare or almost none that a female has served only in Pakistan.... Its like 6 years out and then 3 years here as a normal cycle but then it differs according to situation and your own competence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabelmustafa View Post
@ adil, i dont believe that entering foreign services means that you become indifferent to your family. Family always counts no matter what.
@scorps.definitely, you have to be mentaly tough to stay away from your home for long periods of time. otherwise homesickness would turn you into some lazy gloomy person searching ways to get back home.

that was one useful clipping crownprince.
ty qa, ty all
so thats what only matters .... if u have that you are a successful diplomat.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpsshadow For This Useful Post:
Artemis (Thursday, June 03, 2010)