View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 26, 2010

mirzahadi is on a distinguished road
Default Pakistan's role in war on terror

Pakistan has put itself into the hands of such hypocrites who for their own interests can make any deal to save the current power structure. The incessant insurgency in Afghanistan, mounting hostilities in Waziristan and a perturbed domestic situation is only matched with the sheer ineptness of the current administration. Pakistan in my opinion has passed the edge of no-return in context of revitalizing the cherished democratic values and upholding the rule of law. She is incubating a revolution which will most probably initiate from the North-West.
The ramifications of Pakistan's support of US in its so called war on terror in Afghanistan might involve a total state of chaos in its own domain. The questions I will like to ask here are not only strategically vital to answer but also very crucial because we call ourselves Muslims:

1- Can Islamic values be sacrificed for national interest?
2- Pakistan's support of US against a Muslim country following sharia is considered what?
3- If tomorrow coalition forces withdraw and Afghans war on Pakistan, will they be justified?
4- Killing people in Waziristan and NWFP for their 'extremism' or 'fundamentalism' on cue from Washington portrays our independent political setup?
5- Were there any obligations on us being Muslims to help our neighbours when they most needed it?

I want you guys to be very clear at the outset about my own standing. I consider Pakistan's involvment in US war on terror as nothing but hypocricy. We, as Muslims, should had a firm stance against a non-Muslim invasion.