View Single Post
Old Monday, June 07, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

I happened to Civil Hospital several days for Medical Certificate and visited casualty where emergency cases are handled. Doctors posted in causality not only have the responsibility to treat patients in emergency but also to issue medico legal certificate MLC, countersigned by police surgeon and summoned in courts in medico legal cases.

At morning along with doctor I we went to police surgeon office and many certificates were awaiting for that doctor, including death certificates; corpses examined by doctor. Doctor was made many mistakes while filling the medal certificate, he used blanko several times, and reason was that he was in dire need of rest, he was on duty for about 14 hours, and then he had to attend the court in a case.

Doctor told me that, whenever we treat emergency cases the attendants dictate us, they are emotional at the moment and we understand their sentiments but they don’t let us to work freely. We have to examine the casualties thoroughly, because we are accountable in the courts. Moreover, he said we have to conduct laboratory tests and X-rays, CT Scan etc, it takes time while the attendants blame us for our negligence.

They should have reasonable duty hours, handsome salaries, steps to eliminate medico legal red tapism and rapid promotions. People’s Primary Healthcare Initiatives is an admirable project offering good salaries to doctors. Even in rural areas doctors are available in BHU’s with medicines. This project should be extended on permanent basis to ensure health facilities as well as provide first aid in emergency cases.