Thread: age relaxation
View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 12, 2010
38th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 486

dr.ali.zaidi will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Armed forces Quota

I have observed in this thread that people who want age relaxation have been repeatedly referring to one specific event of time i.e. when Musharraf came into power and changed the age from 30 to 28. People have been making so much huw and cry stating that the age limit must be braught back to its previous state i.e. 30 years.
However, here i would like to inform all my repectable friends that before the age limit of 30 years, there was a time when the age limit was 25 year. My dad who is 10th commoner tells me that during his days the upper age limit was 25 years. So if we keep on changing the rules in the light of retrospective events then a group would emerge who would cry to bring the limit back to 25.
The point that i want to make here is that bringing upper age limit to 30 or more and minimum education to 16 years would prove favorable to some yet adverse to others. It is mere a matter of perception. If you are over 28 and now u have realised that u should have taken CSS exam then you would be on one group while if you are a fresh youthful graduate full of vigor and ambitions then you would like to preserve the present age limits or may want to bring it even lower to 25 or 26.
I am a dental surgeon and my degree was 16 years bachelor degree. I know that even 90% of students who recieve 16 education attain it around 23 or 24 years.. I think it is better that there should be a shorter age limit because i have seen that people procrastinate CSS and usually take their last attempt when its the last year of their age limit. Therefore, some of them who fail to make it even in last attempt realise that they have wasted most precious time running after CSS and now they are too old to start a new fresh energetic career. In this contaxt i would vote for shorter age limits as it would prevent the wastage of precious youth years.
In the end i would like to express here that as i mentioned earlier that age limit is a mixed kind of issue blessing certain while adverse to others. However one thing is adverse for sure that in todays environment when there are not many job opportunities for youth, all of the respectable members of this forum must write letters to politicians and anchors to do away the army induction quota. i am astonshed to see a long thread about the age limit and people doing so many efforts to restore the previous limit but no one is giving attention to injustice of induction. Suppose if they increase the age limit even then the number of seats would remain the same and few will have to sarcifice. But the eradication of army quata is absolutely a win win situation for all for us and REMEMBER that this inducation was also introduced by army dictator.
I would request respectable members use this forum to mobilise the youth to fight for their rights and snatch back what belongs to us

Khush Rahye
Dr. Ali Xaidi
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ali.zaidi For This Useful Post:
Abdussamad Chaudhary (Friday, July 16, 2010)