View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 17, 2010
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold
Good to hear so many experiences of respectable members of this forum.

I also took CE 2010. My optional subjects were International Law, Muslim Law and Jurisprudence, Islamic History and Culture and English Literature. Things were really tight for me by that time. My decision of taking the examination was opposed by many because I had simply no preparation at all. My father nearly scolded me for taking CSS Examination without getting prepared for it.

I was encircled by the worst situation, because my Mid-Term Examination for M.A. English Final Semester from NUML was going to be held simultaneously along with the CSS Exams. Luckily the date for my University examination got changed due to the Teachers-Administration conflict.

Now coming back to the topic. English essay was a great deal, but since we study Essay Writing as a subject in the final semester of M.A. English and fortunately got one of the best teachers of this cadre, I to some extent managed it. As all would agree, the topics were not much predicted before the commencement of Examination. The other compulsory papers were so so.

I took the optionals with one-night study, and you can guess what can become of me. But International Law paper was a present for me. English Literature was my subject, which I had learnt for nearly 1-1/2 year so no problem with that. Muslim Law and Islamic History were 50-50. Means one paper was good, the other not good… Simple!
===========
My Experience:

CSS is not a big deal if you have burned the midnight oil for many a months. Daring to appear in CSS without Prep is nothing but a fool’s dream… (I know it applies on me too…)

Discussion is the key to success. Whether you have people in person to discuss these things with, or you have an online forum like CSSFORUM, but you must have discussion. Things appear very complex but people who are experienced and know about the DEEP STRUCTURE of Competitive Examination can guarantee your guidance in the right direction.

Never get panic regarding your committing mistakes. I did a lot, do try to reduce them, but one can never get able to attempt 0 mistake paper. Quality should be kept in consideration in place of Quantity. Quality matters.

I am now preparing for CE2011 and will try to put my best in it. I am to opt the same subjects and will try to cover all the related fields. InshaAllah.

REGARDS