View Single Post
Old Friday, June 25, 2010
38th CTP (ITG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 64

husham is on a distinguished road

Well I think good communication skills are a prerequisite for getting a good viva score. In my case I had a strong profile as well with few achievements here and there in my student life. Plus they were pleasantly amazed that I looked young and I was 22 when I appeared in the exam.

Apart from that I had a good interview in a sense that I did not come across as anxious or nervous. I had a long discussion on the British Inquiry tribunal setup to look into the Iraq War. They asked questions on Tony Blair if he could be tried for making a decision to go into Iraq War under the international Law. And I had been following up the proceeding of inquiry very closely so it led to a healthy discussion.

I was asked questions from Constitutional Law and International Relations mostly. I have been writing for few newspapers as well and have been working with few youth activist organisations so that came under discussion too. Plus, I had to explain everyone in the panel why I was trying to switch from an engineering background to bureaucracy. In a nutshell, good profile, good communication skills, no anxiety, and tackling questions rationally were my key to success.
fluent_20 (Friday, June 25, 2010), Gulrukh (Friday, June 25, 2010), Omar Qadir (Tuesday, July 20, 2010), sehrishkhan123 (Friday, June 25, 2010), yasirqureshi (Tuesday, August 24, 2010), Yousafzaii (Saturday, June 26, 2010)