View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 01, 2010

aksk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
Fallacious premise? Please let us all know what exactly is 'fallacious' about my argument? That a Masters student is not more learned compared to a Bachelors student? or that an young workforce is more competent, innovative desirable and skillful relative to an old one? I won't be tempted into your delirious and tempestuous assertions.

No one is against competition here, but it must be amongst the worthy. Entry barriers actually ensure that only those who have the requisite qualifications and experience are allowed to compete. If we go by the way of your argument, why restrict the CSS exams to Bachelors only? Why shouldn't FSC pass candidates be allowed to sit in the exam? Why is there Masters requirement on all Grade 17 jobs in the public sector? Why do all MNCs require a Masters degree for lucrative posts? Why do all other organizations scream about potential candidates having a Masters degree? Why this quandary, when according to your preconceived & baseless notions principle of 'equity' should prevail?

A word of advice; You should instead prepare for Masters than waste your time on nitwitted arguments
Ur premise abt erecting barriers is what i refer2 as fallacious.
I dint comment on ur argument of young workforce v old1 so chapter closed.
Yes competition must b amongst worthy n FPSC 2007 report says dat 28% simple BAs finally passed CSS..if u can find any other definition of worthy than their result, hats off2 ur ability2 speculate (besides ur obvious talent at fuming as evident from ur post)
CSS competition must b restricted2 bachelors since the syllabus is up2 Bachelors level.(this forces me2 think dat instead da BAs should b protesting against the overqualified MA qualified candidates competing with them on equal terms but i would never do that since emerging successful by cutting off the layers of competition is unethical in my humble opinion.)
As4 other organizations prescribing MA as mandatory, they wish2 limit the applicant pool2 reduce the burdens of screening huge number of candidates. FPSC unlike these public sector organizations or MNCs wishes2 hunt talent from all corners.
And if my worthy friend is so hell bent upon making CSS a fight between the giants den y stay stagnant on just BA vs MA. Pick the cream by only allowing da graduates of selected prestigious universities only or prescribe years of work experience.. Y only go4 entry barriers which suit oneslf.
Thnx4 ur unsolicited piece of advice.