View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 01, 2010
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 22Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2012

Thanked 2,147 Times in 983 Posts
usman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal713 View Post
@mohsin
I have read your posts in SBOT 17 thread.
I have cleared YPIP and NBP 11th Batch test,GD (Interviews result waiting)
I agree with u that most of candidates lot of things while joining any organization, specially place of posting and job specification etc...
SBOT is totally karachi based job and candidates from Punjab and KP (NWFP) prefer their own city or province for job.
2 of my frends selected in SBOT 13 and 14, joined SBP then left SBP and Join Askari bank as MTO.
The good thing is that YPIP batch postings are in 16 field offices of SBP BSC, so may be some candidates who r able to clear both SBOT and YPIP may prefer to choose YPIP as grades and packages are same
Here is the difference between State Bank of Pakistan(SBP) and BSC offices of State Bank of Pakistan (BSC SBP).

State Bank is central bank of pakistan having two main subsidaries: National Institue of Banking and Finance (NIBAF) and Banking Services Corporation(BSC). There are 16 BSCs or field offices of state bank of pakistan.

The role of SBP is to perform policy related functions and these functions are not performed at SBP BSC. SBP BSC is responsible for conducting different operations as prescribed by SBP. These include Currency Management, Development Finance and Export Refinance etc.

There was no concept of SBP BSC before 2001. The former governor Dr. Ishrat Hussain took this step on instructions of World Bank and IMF to separate policy fuctions and operational function for efficient banking process. Thus SBP BSC came into being in 2002.

As regards the grade and salary structure of the employees of SBP and SBP BSC, these are also different. OG-II officer at SBP has designation of Assistant Director whereas no such designation is entitled to OG-II officer of SBP BSC. The salary bracket of OG-II officer of SBP starts from 34,000. where as the same cadre officer in SBP BSC gets 30,000. Performance Managment system is also different. Usually employees of SBP gets quick and more increments than employees of SBP BSC.

Now regarding the question about which should be preferred. Well, many things are to be considered before taking final decision. It is said that 'East or west, home is the best'. I am from SBOTS-15 doing job at Karachi. I would love to go to my native city if similar opportunity is available there. When you leave your city and settle in a distant city which has much differnt atmosphere, style and outlook, it gets difficult to manage things. But now onwards SBP is also providing hostel facility for non-karachaid officers who join SBP. On the other hand, if some one wants to excel career in central banking with much more financial incentives, SBP is better than SBP BSC. So, dear friends, its a trade-off business.