View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 10, 2010

Faseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by camran View Post
@marilatif

I understand that reading contemporary issues is like a regular thing. But some the core/traditional part cannot be neglected or can i skip it?? If i have to prepare that, how much time you think i should spend on it?
You can't skip the tradational part, I donot know about the Islamiat books in English but as far as Khursheed Ahmed's book in urdu is concerned, it does't have that much tradational stuff. you will not be memorizing, "Haj aur manasik e Haj, roza aur us kay faraiz or us ko saqit karny ki conditions etc" but you will be focusing on the social and moral benefits one can obtain, on individual basis & impacts on the society.

For corelating contemporary issues with the fundamental beliefs of islam it is essential that you master the Quranic Ayyah & Hadith that are cited in your book. because it will be easier for you to anwer if you had a hadith or ayyah in your mind addressing a specific situation.

Reading articles from various sources as mentioned by marilatif will help you to collect additional Ayyah & Hadiths and will make your task easir by shapening your own opinion.