View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Artemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to all

Well Mangat if you excuse my straight forwardness, I don find your response realistic in any way.
My mamon is SSP and the realities I see in his life are the exact opposite to what you stated.

Quote:
Officers are posted far from their home stations so they roam around the city and the district in the evening for a hangout and public keeps pointing and staring while saying "Ye Naya SP aya hai."
I think people like me and you are least concerned about the police officers these days. They never know who has been appointed unless and until their hard luck takes them to police station.

Quote:
When you go in markets, people die just for a shake hand with you.
This is what I have the most serious objection to…. Unfortunately, there is no such respect associated with police officers in our society. When my uncle is on duty he can't even go to a restaurant. He thinks he feels humiliated when without him ordering anything they bring mutton n chicken for him and denies billing, saying, “ab hum ap se pasay laien gae???” Infact he has to bring his lunch from home to take it hours afterward. Therefore I think this is a blessing that in a more practical world people do not recognize police officers without uniform. Otherwise, I can't even imagine what his social family life could have been…………….
Quote:
3-door Cruiser worth Rs.3,900,000 with a Neeli Batti
Fine he has a three door land cruiser and I am not very sure about the quoted price but all along with 'Neeli Batti' it has a look and feel of a modified form of 'Sarkari Jeep'.. And obviously this is not for personal use but strictt official use; at least as per the rules.
Quote:
Aalishan Ghar
I remember him transferred to a main station.. as we know there are more accommodation problems in main cities. His family had to stay in a three room govt quarter for 6-8 months before the previous officer vacated the house. And about that allocated house as well, I don think it can be termed 'alishan' but a reasonable accommodation, for sure.

Quote:
Hundreds of people looking for justice, all by your one word.
Now this is Pakistan here not even the CJ himself can give justice to anyone by one word. I think in our present system being corrupt is much easier than being honest.

The topic of this thread is a good one. I am still waiting for a response from someone who has been to services. I remember a response to your post about its limitations but that was removed. Now I think if this is the only response that can be allowed here then at least the word 'realistic' should be removed from title of this thread.

Honestly speaking this response annoyed me the very first day. I don't know much about life in PSP so remained silent. The only reason for this contribution is, I think there are a lot of new comers and juniors here who can be misguided by such 'realistic pictures'. I don't know the whole picture but this is the way I see his life from some distance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artemis For This Useful Post:
Mao Zedong (Tuesday, October 18, 2011), Slazenger (Wednesday, July 14, 2010), Stunner (Tuesday, July 13, 2010), stylish (Thursday, July 15, 2010)