View Single Post
Old Monday, August 02, 2010
Late (12-9-12)

Abdussamad Chaudhary is just really niceAbdussamad Chaudhary is just really niceAbdussamad Chaudhary is just really niceAbdussamad Chaudhary is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafiz ishtiaq ahmad View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

@And Rohtas fort is on River Son. It is right.
dear soan river is near rawalpindi while rohtas fort is near jehlum, it is 100% clear that rohtas is on jehlum river.

Well, read these lines and tell me what are you acquiring.

"Qila Rohtas is situated in a gorge approximately 16 km NW of Jhelum and 7 km from Dina. It was constructed on a hillock where the tiny Kahan river meets another rainy stream called Parnal Khas and turns east towards Tilla Jogian Range. The fort is about 300 feet above its surroundings. It is 2660 feet (818 meters) above sea level and covers an area of 12.63 acres."

"Rohtas Fort, (Qila Rohtas) is an exceptional example of early Muslim military architecture in Central and South Asia, for it was built essentially for military purposes. Following the defeat of the Mughal Emperor Humayun in 1541, Sher Shah Suri built a strong fortified complex at Rohtas, a strategic site about 16 kilometres north-west of the city of Jhelum.

The gigantic fort is founded on steep rocks jutting into the river Kahan, its ramparts protected on the west and north sides by the river and by high hills on its east and south. It was never taken by assault and survives intact to the present day. The main fortifications consist of the massive walls, which extended for more than 4km; they are lined with bastions and pierced by monumental gateways."

What I have, is that fort is on River KAHAN, neither on River Jehlum (but in Jhelum City) nor on Son. Btw, I also opted for Jhelum and marked my answer in wrongs.

Last edited by Abdussamad Chaudhary; Monday, August 02, 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Addition of more quotes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdussamad Chaudhary For This Useful Post:
hafiz ishtiaq ahmad (Sunday, October 24, 2010)