View Single Post
Old Friday, August 06, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Talking about President Zardari’s visit to France and Britain, the prime minister said the issue should not be made controversial because it had been planned six months ago and “could not be avoided”.

When asked if it was wise for the president to proceed abroad when the country was experiencing the worst floods in its history which have wreaked havoc in the country, killed hundreds and displaced hundreds of thousands of people, the prime minister said: “Mr Zardari is a personality who is always remembered. He would have been remembered and criticised even if there were no floods in the country.” He claimed that the visit had not affected relief and rescue operations being carried out in flood-hit areas.

“I am the chief executive of the country, I am here and my whole cabinet is here to supervise the relief operation which is our responsibility and not the president’s.” The prime minister urged all political parties and the nation to bury their differences and join hands to cope with the calamity.“The nation has faced such situations in the past and I hope it will display the same courage and dedication to overcome the present crisis,” he said.

DAWN
unsolved_Mystery (Friday, August 06, 2010)