View Single Post
Old Friday, August 13, 2010

Mossavir Wazir will become famous soon enough
Cool Real Picture of MLCG

Currently this group is ranked 10th, but to be brutally honest this department is as attractive as customs and income tax if not equal to PSP and DMG.

My father was in this department, that is why i know each and every detail of this department, it's pros and cons.

As far as i can remember there are more than 20 stations on which an officer can possibly be posted.

Some stations are as follows...

Peshawar, Noshera, Risalpuir, Abbottabad, Havelian, Kalabagh, Murree, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Multan, Kharian, Sargodha, Gujranwala, Mangla, Quetta, Hyderabad, Karachi and some more.

In majority of the cantt stations there is a CEO and a MEO. In some of the stations there is only a CEO. CEO stands for Cantt Executive Officer and MEO stands for Military Estates Officer. In some of the cities there are more than one cantonments. e.g in Pindi there is Pindi Cantt and Chaklala Cantt. In Lahore there is Lahore and Walton Cantt. In Karachi there are probably 6-7 Cantts...faisal, karachi, malir etc etc.

17 - 19 Grade Officers are posted as CEO's and MEO's...In small stations like Risalpur, Mangla, Kharian, Havelian etc etc 17 grade Officers are posted. 18 Grade officers are posted to Gujranwala, Sargodha, Hyderabad, Abbottabad or Additional CEO in a big city. 19 grade officers are posted as CEO's and MEO's to Peshawar, Lahore, Pindi, Multan, Karachi and Quetta.

20 Grade officer Job Title changes to REGIONAL DIRECTOR. and they are posted as Director Peshawar, Lahore, Karachi, Quetta and Deputy DG Pindi.

21 Grade officer is ONLY ONE in the department who is DG-MLCG in Pindi.

MLCG life standard is very high. Big beautiful banglows in posh cantonment area, car, two cars when promoted to 19 grade. almost ten designated servants (even a tailor) and many moe facilities like phone, newspaper etc etc. On officer can easily install furniture, AC's or even renovate the whole house if he wants. MLCG rest houses are in every major city. One can live up to many months in the rest houses if he wants. e.g An officer is posted out in Abbotabad but he wants to move there alone as his family and kids are living in the Peshawar residence so that his kids may take their exams etc.

No Political Pressure or interference involved but Army interference is there. e.g CEO Peshawar (19 grade post), Station Commander (normally a Brig) and GOC (Maj Gen or Lt Gen) works together. MLCG officer doesn't come DIRECTLY under GOC but seniority wise he has to listen to the GOC. If an officer maintains good relations with the city's Station Commander and GOC, he literally lives like a KING in the cantonment.

I know a lot of stuff about MLCG but right now all i can remember and share with you guys is this.

It is because of this reason my preference list goes like ...

1. DMG.
2. MLCG.
3. ....
4. ....

And one thing more.. a MLCG officer can be transferred to DMG and vice versa. This thing was included in the Bhutto Administrative Reforms 1973 or 1974. My dad was offered the post of Political Agent back in 1977 i guess but he refused. I know that was a big mistake. Those of you who know what actually a Political Agent is will agree with me. But he had a fantastic life in MLCG also. So never mind.

Last edited by Mossavir Wazir; Friday, August 13, 2010 at 05:25 AM. Reason: typo error
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Mossavir Wazir For This Useful Post:
Alepisces (Sunday, October 21, 2018), Arfeen Zubair (Sunday, September 12, 2010), DPO LARKANA (Friday, August 13, 2010), Eager (Monday, November 29, 2010), fromQAU (Saturday, August 14, 2010), imbindas (Friday, December 03, 2010), j87ibz (Thursday, May 26, 2011), jillia89 (Monday, June 04, 2012), Khanewalian (Wednesday, December 08, 2010), maliasghar (Friday, August 13, 2010), mefarhan (Tuesday, May 08, 2018), Muhammad Tauqir (Wednesday, September 20, 2017), Mz89 (Wednesday, December 14, 2011), Nationlover786 (Thursday, December 23, 2010), Rahat Naseem (Saturday, October 06, 2018), rishzzz (Saturday, October 16, 2010), Seemab (Monday, February 24, 2014), sheharyar shah (Thursday, September 11, 2014), Shooting Star (Wednesday, August 18, 2010), sib mah (Saturday, February 16, 2013), syeda naqvi (Tuesday, February 07, 2012), SyedCM (Saturday, April 13, 2013), The Manager (Tuesday, September 06, 2011), Zahara Alvi (Monday, October 25, 2010)