View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 19, 2010
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up @ Mr. hydkam and Mr. Usman Cheema

Thank you very much sir for your reply and comments. I would like to calrify a thing and put light to a couple of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydkam View Post
Usman bhai Sahib, I know you are very well informed as you said yourself that you work in ASF
I was offered the post of Inspector in ASF in December 2009, but I didn't join ASF. I am working in a Ministry and in the Establishment (Admin) section that deals with the recruitments etc. of Employees of Federal Govt.

Quote:
after serving 17 years as Assistant I would have been in PG-07 or 08 today, this is what the so called service regulation is all about.
I think there is a deep contrast between Eligibility and Right of Promotion. My father served as Assistant in the Federal Govt. and remained at the same post for nearly 21 years before he got Certificate of Worthlessness (Retirement). The point is after serving at a post for a specific time makes you eligible for promotion, but the Senior most of the list gets the Right of Promotion. Seniority is an imperative factor in promotions as also mentioned in Estacode. Each year evey Department issues to its employees the seniority list of different cadres. Availability of Seats and Seniority yields the right of promotion.

Quote:
Yeh hamari qaum ka alamya ha ke Qawaneen to sab hen but policy is 'amal daraamad kisi peh nahi'. Hope this satisfy your query. Thanks
I dare disagree with you at the second part sir. I have seen many a times that QUOTA is strictly followed, despite of the fact that the appointments may be politically motivated or encompass nepotism.

Secondly, if that employee, who is at court in a case Vs CAA, presents this ARGUMENT in front of the Honourable Court of Law, I don't think he'll get favourable verdict, this won't suffice at all. Courts follow what is BY BOOK, presented to them Black and White. CAA Services Regulation, Departmental Selection Committee's construction, meetings, minutes each and everything is in black and white and may be presented to court.

I'm sure CAA Administration is not that incompetent to commit such a blunder by recruiting fresh appointments against promotional positions. If they have done so, they have committed suicide, for court may ask for inquiry to bring front the responsibles who wasted lots of Federation's budget for such a malpractice.

I really appreciate your reply. I am also sure that you must be aware of many things I mentioned above. It was my point of view and I believe in saying what I feel to avoid any misunderstandings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman Cheema View Post
Aslam o Alaikam dear fellows,

I have got the feeling that at this point of time you are discouraging the candidates.
Walykum Us Salam bro,

Instead of discouraging I would have used the word PRECAUTION Mr. hydkam have been an asset for us in respect of providing timely and useful information regarding the subject matter. And by the way whats he is saying holds some ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman Cheema View Post
Like in a previous post you said that there is a possibility that CAA may collapse the whole process even after selection and training. How it is possible bro that they kick off the candidates after providing such an expensive training.

it is not witten in the service rules of any govt department that you will be promoted in the next grade after a particular time period infact the wording which is used is such that you become eligible for promotion after that time period and this does not give you assurance that you will be definitely promoted. The people who are working in govt departments will agree with me on this point. I think that current new induction is not a big deal as according to my information these posts are advertised on a regular basis. I think the plea of your colleague is just a waste of time of court and all concerned people. What do you think that if his pleas is accepted then all the new inductees since 1999 will be kicked off ? It is just not possible.
About this I'm compelled to agree with you, infact I second you here.

Best wishes to all,

Regards.