View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 26, 2010
40th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 664

striver will become famous soon enoughstriver will become famous soon enough

Thats an interesting question but not a novel one, perhaps. I have had discussions regarding it several times. Truth is, Allah says in Quran, in Surah Ma'oon Ayah 4 onwards:

So woe unto those performers of Salât (prayers) (4) Those who are heedless of their prayers

In the above ayats, we are introduced to a new class of 'namazis', who are heedless to their prayers. In other words, their nature, practices and principles are unaffected by their prayers. Quran not only criticizes them but also goes on to say that they be subject to affliction.

It is us who must reform ourselves and our lives after prayer. How can a person, who says "ehde nas-siratal mustaqeem" in every prayer be indifferent to it. Ironically, most of the people who offer prayers dont even know the meaning of what they are reciting, let alone the purpose or intention.

Do you expect a parrot to change after it has learned kalima and a few ayats? guess not.....