View Single Post
Old Friday, August 18, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

@ Impossible

I was expecting that you might realize some sort of ambiguity in my conclusion about those who make sacrifices for the cause of family..

You have found ambiguity in my conclusion that I include these ppl among the class of 99% people..

See that we were talking about sacrifices for the cause of love.. Sacrifice for family is actually opposite to sacrifice for love...

Sacrifice for love would be that one where one even leaves his family for the cause of love... This type of case would go to class of 1% ppl...

The case which you discussed is example of sacrifice for the cause of family... where one is giving preference to family over love... I was right in including this case among the class of 99% people..

Secondly I do not consider 99% people as complete emotionless... They do have emotions... But they have to give preference to other realities of life over emotions..

@ Miss Muskan

You want to idealize love only in pure form... you do not want to see love as any such entity which can detoriate with time etc.

May be you are right because only this type of idealization fully covers all the beutiful inspirations of love...

Philosophy is cruel and merciless because it wants to study the hard realities....It tries to find these hard realities even in such most beautiful feelings as love... Philosophy can deform the image of love also...

I should not insist on my opinions... but I must tell that 99% people are not complete emotionless... May be they never experienced love... But most of them do experience emotions... They do have emotions... but they have to live and act like robots...

Thanks!