View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 12, 2010
34th Commons (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Account and Audit

Nauman will become famous soon enoughNauman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainy82 View Post
well actually money is ofcourse important but not the priority for me..the placewhere im currently working is offering abt 50k,car on interest free loan, free med and its a pensionable job.
in civil services im going to get a house, a car mayb,less salary.......

the thing i dont understand is that still why soo many ppl prefer civil services over private sector when its giving u soo much???

Plus do u have any idea abt MLC??...Im not even sure that im going to get posted in lhr!! what if the will post me somewhere else???

@ nauman

how was your experience of the civil services??? People say that 98% of the officers arecurrupt even if u dont want to do it u have to do it!! is that true???
Those who say that 98% r corrupt r those whose own mentality is 98% corrupt. They find such excuses to justify and legitimize their own corruption. My dad is a also a CSS officer, and I have seen him live honestly, and there is nothing that we lack in our house Alhamdolillah. If one wants to, and has no personal interests attached with the post, one can live honestly. If someone forces to be corrupt, the officer can take a stand. He may face difficulties, but survival never becomes an issue.

In some groups, however, corruption is higher, but even there, 98% is too high a percentrage to be real.

As regards MLC is concerned, its not a v good group for girls (my own opinion). Promotions in MLC are slower than DMG, PSP, FSP, PA&AS, and ITG. Most of the postings are in small cantonments, which is difficult for a female to manage. Moreover, many MLC officers retire in grade 19. However, when posted as cantt executive officers, one has a house, car, authority, a brigade of servants etc at his disposal. However, being a female, you may not enjoy having all these facilities, say, in Kharian cantt.

As regards the question of salary, I think 50k is not at all a v good salary these days to even think of foregoing the chance to join civil service. Car is not a big deal either since almost all officers in MLC get a car on first posting.

The relaxed and easy life can effectively compensate for the small reduction in salary. If you are able to get a good deputation, or scholarship etc, you can earn even more while being in civil service.