View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 16, 2010

khuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the roughkhuhro is a jewel in the rough

first a formal defination taken from book, public policy makers it suggest that
•The Establishment is a term used to refer to the ruling class, elite and the structures of society that they control. The term can be used to describe specific entrenched elite structures in specific institutions, but is usually informal in application.

now come towards the pakistans perspective. once i read a book named the Idea of Pakistan i think written by some author named maybe steve (i dont know exactly), in which he describe the establisment as a major factor in pakistans stratigic matters, and the factors of the establisment are senior civil servents (also Rtd), Technocrats, militrary persons (senior ranked) and may be judiciary... and few elit peoples such as business tycons and he named this system as a type of oligarchy.
and i preceive from that book was that a peoples who have their infulence in the particular sector they can change the previous system or current system towards their benefit, so that we commonly blame the establishment for every wrong turn.
but litrature and public policy factors suggest as strong policy maker team that would work for the betterment of the state.
Ali Ahmad Syed (Thursday, September 16, 2010), Irfan Ahmed Soomro (Thursday, September 16, 2010), virgoan (Thursday, September 16, 2010)