View Single Post
Old Friday, October 08, 2010
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Dear all,

This whole discussion would not have been there if we would have described the word EQUAL. (that was precisely what i did in my exam).

Equality has been granted to women by Allah. Equality is this:

1- Equal Right to Education.
2- Equal Right to Health Facilities.
3- Equality before the law.
4- Having a say about her life.
5- Having a say about her family.
6- Having the right to choose abt her future.
7- Economic Independence.
8- Share in Property etc.

and so on. All these rights have been granted in the Quran, Sunnah and our Shariah as well.

Equality can be had in Pakistan, and the process is indeed gradual and slow in some places, and whipping fast in others. For example: In Bahawalnagar probably equality and its benefits have to wait for the next 50 years, but in Lahore this change is already in its full motion.

Now how can this equality be achieved:

When either we follow closely the injunctions of Islam or Westernize completely (both the equalities are incompatible with eachother, example being the voting right if a true Islamic System is followed) equality will be had. Whichever suits us or can be implemented here is an altogether a different debate.

And the second factor is the change in the society and social values and our outlook about life. Look around you they are changing!!

So my fellas nobody can stop this change. Obviously being equal does not mean being Equal in the sense we use in maths "2=2".

As Zakir Naik put it: Two students appeared in 3 sujects, A, B, C.

Student 1 scored: A = 10, B = 9 and C= 9
Student 2 scored: A= 9, B= 10 and C = 9

Although their cumulative score is equal but it does not mean that Student 1 is equal to Student 2 in A. Islam has the same philosophy. As humans they are equal. Women have upperhand over Men in some fields of life, (where their rights are more than those of Men, for example we have 4 months of Maternity leaves for any lady working in Mobilink but a guy cannot ask for such a long leave ) while in other Allah has given more responsibilities and rights to Men over Women!!
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Gulrukh (Friday, October 08, 2010)