View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 17, 2010
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 61

Khurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enoughKhurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsim View Post
I mean is'nt the Supreme Court, the finally consulted institute that can over ride the amendments made by parliment, can null n void the legislations and direct the parliment to look into the issue again and that the Supreme Court is the only which is there to translate the laws and constitution, hence i believe its proved logically that the Supreme Court is supreme than that of parliment.

You know, there are two types of legislation (a) ordinary legislation jiss may 2/3 majority nahi chahiye hoti. (b) Constitutional Amendment jiss kay liye 2/3 majority chahiye hoti hay.

I agree kay ordinary legislation may Supreme Court ko final authority honi chahiye aur agar sahi lagay tu parliamentary legislation ko null and void declare kar day.

But constitutional amendment doosri cheez hay. is may apko 2/3 majority chahiye hoti hay parliamentarians ki. So itni big majority kay baad judicial review nahi hona chahiye. Is liye may keh raha hon kay 18th Amendment ko Supreme Court ko review nahi karna chahiye.