View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 23, 2010

greenhorn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman khalid View Post
I was really hurt like many others after not finding my name in the list of css 2010 successfull candidates. At that time, I was really wondering which paper will be the culprit... As my all papers went good... Finally, I came to know that I have been failed in essay... totally unbelievable... as it was my best attemp... I did every thing I could to add colors to this paper... I wrote 20 pages... wrote quotations... given supporting arguments... no single cutting was there... my writing is very good... I made paragraphs... logical connection between paragraphs was upto mark... I even proof read... I did what I could... even then..... yes even then I failed....

In 2008, I wrote essay on topic on which I didn't have much knowledge... I wrote 14 pages... it was not upto mark as far as I know... and I passed it...

Now, what is the standard or criteria of marking essay???????? FPSC please define it... I am sure you cannot define it... as you also do not know about the criteria....

We, the aspirants of css burn midnight oil and then take exam.. then wait hopefully for good result but on the other hand FPSC has nothing to do with it... I would like to say... "wo churi chlatay hain jis ki gardan pe aa jay"
The result of unsuccessful candidates is a clear example of this... what happened with optional subjects this time especially accounting, histories and journalism... I am unable to understand that a candidate who gets 169 in history paper in 2009 how can he get 74 in 2010. How many students in accounting this year got low score even there paper was excellent... I gurantee if some of these papers are checked by some other person, he may give 150+ in these....

Candidates scoring 80+ in composition are failed in essay... if their english skills are not upto mark how they managed to get huge score in composition....

how a subject can be high scoring in one year and low scoring in the next...
It means its just the discretion of paper checker and FPSC has not given him/her any guidelines to mark paper.... or I would say FPSC has given him/her license to kill....

I am really dishearten not only by my failure but many others with whom FPSC has done injustice....

Please FPSC use some criteria to mark papers... make some standard which is universal, consistent and transparent... please do not play with the fate of many aspirants... please end this injustice.... please FPSC please........

some may disagree with my feelings... but this is my personal view.
i totally second you and i am ready to go court with you, so atleast the aspirants get what they deserve, last year my friend in 2009 got 60's in journalism, and this year 2010 he had 18 mcqs correct and he fetched only 28 marks, only 10 marks out of 80 marks, is this a joke or what? a candidate passing the composition paper but fail in essay is aanother joke.. come on fpsc whats wrong, stop playing with our careers and the aspirants who work day and night to qualify this exam, end this injustice, lets file a petition in the court, lets challenge FPSC otherwies they wont listen, danday ka zour hai yahan is mulk mein, dont let ur voices be gagged we have to fight the vices of the society and this is not an exception! END THIS DRAMA and set a consisitent MARKING PATTERN WHICH is equal for every candidate.
usman khalid (Saturday, October 23, 2010)