View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 23, 2010

sajjadali350 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman khalid View Post
I was really hurt like many others after not finding my name in the list of css 2010 successfull candidates. At that time, I was really wondering which paper will be the culprit... As my all papers went good... Finally, I came to know that I have been failed in essay... totally unbelievable... as it was my best attemp... I did every thing I could to add colors to this paper... I wrote 20 pages... wrote quotations... given supporting arguments... no single cutting was there... my writing is very good... I made paragraphs... logical connection between paragraphs was upto mark... I even proof read... I did what I could... even then..... yes even then I failed....

In 2008, I wrote essay on topic on which I didn't have much knowledge... I wrote 14 pages... it was not upto mark as far as I know... and I passed it...

Now, what is the standard or criteria of marking essay???????? FPSC please define it... I am sure you cannot define it... as you also do not know about the criteria....

We, the aspirants of css burn midnight oil and then take exam.. then wait hopefully for good result but on the other hand FPSC has nothing to do with it... I would like to say... "wo churi chlatay hain jis ki gardan pe aa jay"
The result of unsuccessful candidates is a clear example of this... what happened with optional subjects this time especially accounting, histories and journalism... I am unable to understand that a candidate who gets 169 in history paper in 2009 how can he get 74 in 2010. How many students in accounting this year got low score even there paper was excellent... I gurantee if some of these papers are checked by some other person, he may give 150+ in these....

Candidates scoring 80+ in composition are failed in essay... if their english skills are not upto mark how they managed to get huge score in composition....

how a subject can be high scoring in one year and low scoring in the next...
It means its just the discretion of paper checker and FPSC has not given him/her any guidelines to mark paper.... or I would say FPSC has given him/her license to kill....

I am really dishearten not only by my failure but many others with whom FPSC has done injustice....

Please FPSC use some criteria to mark papers... make some standard which is universal, consistent and transparent... please do not play with the fate of many aspirants... please end this injustice.... please FPSC please........

some may disagree with my feelings... but this is my personal view.
my heart also weeps like yours.

i got 34 marks in islamiat.

and last time i got 55 marks and this time i was expecting around 60 marks and last time it was my worst paper.

i cant understand the marking criteria .

about the essay.

its totally unpredictable.it depends more on the mood of the paper checker than that of the student.

same is with my papers of physics.

i got 128 marks in it and was expecting 150+

in first paper i got 67 and i was expecting 65 at maximum and in second i was expecting 85 min and i got just 61.

i dont know what went wrong.'
i am still confused about my future as u r.

but dont worry and try to gather urself up.i hope and wish to see u in the top ten of the next exams

best of luck
sajidnuml (Saturday, October 23, 2010), usman khalid (Saturday, October 23, 2010)