View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman5 View Post
lol from what we know of you, Antonio, you believe in instant everything :P lol.
Tragedy must be embraced, at least in fiction and in theatrics. Our problem is that spirit infused by iqbal's sayings and jinnahs' work work and work, we try and be the mard e momin and wish for everything to have a happy ending through "zor e bazu" even when we are deliberately defying fate and destiny. lol goes to show our literary patience :P
that was not good salman.

but anyways you said tragedy must be embraced atleast in fiction and thearics.you are right too.i will not disagree with you but there is so much tragedy in real life that you dont want to read it in fiction too.

yeah shakespearean tragedies are not that hopless i mean the concept of catharsis is there to purge us of all our bad notions regarding life.after seeing so much suffering in these tragedies our own tragedies look so feeble and so tolerable.these tragedies give us hope to continue despite hardships.

everyone loves happy ending that's why we read these stories becaz in real life it is not possible.only fiction provides us this.
shakespearean tragedies are classic much greater than his comedies and i love all his plays whether it is King Lear or that Winter's Tale.

it is my favorite topic and no body is talking over it.i mean it is so refreshing and beautiful topic.i just love shakespeare.
i really want to know which play you guyz like.i want to know the favorite play of last island and all those literature enthusiasts.

Toba and Salman tell me which play of shakespeare you like most.