View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mossavir Wazir will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanchughtai View Post
hello,
can someone plz clarify wat facilities do we get during the language course?i m married and would certainly like to take the family along as i have a lil kid too.how wud that be possible?also after stp do u get a family accomodation at islamabad or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
the chances of getting an accommodation in islamabad for a new CSP are slim to none..single officers get a room in the hostel if they r lucky..coz there is a serious shortage of living quarters...
1. On a language course almost all of the stations offer airline ticket for the officer ONLY, not to his spouse or kids. China is the only station where FSP officer gets airline tickets for his wife and kids as well on a language course. Accommodation is provided accordingly, that is, in china you'll get facilities for your family, but other than china, you'll need to arrange tickets etc etc for your family from your own pocket.

2. Yes, after stp or even during your stp, you can have one room in Foreign Office Hostel, whether you're married or not.

My brother is in FSP(married with two kids), he got one room in hostel when he was on his stp, and after stp in Islamabad. Now a days he's in New York on a language course. As i already stated, he himself arranged tickets for his wife and kids as government provided airline ticket to him only. Even on a language course, he's getting enough money to have a small but beautiful apartment and other facilities. Once you get posted(not language course, proper posting as a 3rd Secretary), then you get everything from the government that is tickets, accommodation, other facilities to you and your family(wife and kids).

I hope I've answered your queries.
ayezzaS (Thursday, October 28, 2010), CHESSMASTER (Tuesday, November 29, 2011), Eager (Tuesday, November 09, 2010), Kashif Jamil (Saturday, October 30, 2010), samanchughtai (Tuesday, October 26, 2010), Seemab (Thursday, February 20, 2014)