View Single Post
Old Friday, November 12, 2010
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshmile View Post
I don't know! Though I was moved by this article in Dawn but it looks one sided judgment. The scholars whom she (the writer) is opposing by such comments, are The Authority in Fiqah. So I think a great deal of research is needed in this respect. I already sent an email to the writer for her thorough study. And, am intended to pursue with research on this topic.

Brother please look for Dr. Zakir Naik's work on this particular topic. In a nutshell, his observation/conclusion was that women's testimony in criminal cases share the same weight as any man's.

However in Financial and other civil/non-criminal cases, she is supposed to be accompanied by another woman to prove her testimony. The reason is pretty logical. Not only in the 3rd World Countries, but in the developed as well, a woman is prone to pressure from her family, husband or boyfriend in that case. Similarly on the emotional ground, she is much more emotional than a man. So for that matter, 2 women are required for a single testimony.

In my humble opinion, this is so as to protect her so that she may not be manipulated by her male counterparts.
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
muhammadshahidnawaz87 (Wednesday, December 01, 2010)