View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 20, 2010
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about
Default Listen guys

First of all Mussaa would like to say that you all know very little about polygamy in Islam. I will give certain points here and in the light of those points if someone doesn’t get satisfied he can ask other things too and I would try my best to answer them.

1) As someone mentioned that Hindus are more polygamous than Muslims so make it clear that polygamy is not a bad thing as you are comparing Muslims and Hindus in this regard.

2) Other thing is that it is a Hindu custom which prohibits more than one marriage not Islam.

3) Another misconception I would like to remove that Islam does not allow 4 marriages rather it prohibit keeping more than 4 wives at a time. When we say Islam allows four marriages it makes sense that Before Islam people used to have only one wife and then came the Islam and allowed four marriages. The real situation is that Before Islam people of Arab used to make 20-20 marriages or even more. This custom still prevails there and many Arabs have even 50 wives. So Islam restricts the number of wives to 4 at a time.

4) What Quran prefers is marriage of 1 man to 1 woman as it is the best way to run the institution of marriage life. Islam doesn’t say marry only one but it prefers 1-1 marriage. Its wrong which Redmax has said that Quran says Marry only one.

5) Another thing is that it is in our society that women are totally against polygamy as we have spend hundreds of years with Hindus where there is a custom of one marriage only. So the germs have been transferred in our women. In Arab countries women make no issue of polygamy.

I think after all the above points there is no need to mention any scientific points in favor of polygamy.
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.

Last edited by mussaa; Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 03:31 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mussaa For This Useful Post:
Islaw Khan (Saturday, November 20, 2010), Jahanzebmemon (Wednesday, November 24, 2010), sumia (Wednesday, December 01, 2010)