View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 20, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 08234

tknw01 will become famous soon enoughtknw01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
please mention the reference . i never seen such a full verse .
I think you guys are talking about this verse.

"And if you have reason to fear that you might not act equitably towards orphans, then marry from among [other] women such as are lawful to you - [even] two, or three, or four: but if you have reason to fear that you might not be able to treat them with equal fairness, then [only] one - or [from among] those whom you rightfully possess. This will make it more likely that you will not deviate from the right course." (Al-Quran, 4:3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad Qaisrani View Post
This comment is not very fortunate. The world is a great mixture of diverse cultures and religions. Our culture and religion are just one in a million. no matter we consider them to be the most superior of all, but the fact is that their contemporaries deserve equal respect.

I am not in any way an advocate of polyandry, but criticizing it just for the sake of fun is equally condemnable. It is an established practice in some regions of the world and only the people who practice it know the need for it. If they are content, who are we to call them contemptible, especially since they have no link at all to our religion and school of thought?

Equally condemnable is the treatment widows and divorcees have to face in so called Islamic societies such as Pakistan. Before criticizing other cultures, make sure your own one is above criticism. That of Pakistan is certainly not.
I seriously don't have a clue regarding what actually made you think that I was making fun of it or I view this practice as contemptible (by saying that I was shocked to find out about it and that it is a pre-historic thing.) Yet, I apologize to all the polyandrous members (which is highly unlikely) at the forum if my statement injured their sentiments in any way. I do respect the diversity and discretion. I do believe that nothing is above criticism.

PS, as far as religions are concerned, none advocates polyandry (except one reference in the annals of Mahabharta which is believed to be a forged account by even most of their Swamis.)