View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 21, 2010
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear
please mention the reference . i never seen such a full verse .
Reference is there in the very first post, bro, only if you had cared to read it. It has also been posted by tknw0. I quote it below for your convenience.

"And if you have reason to fear that you might not act equitably towards orphans, then marry from among [other] women such as are lawful to you - [even] two, or three, or four: but if you have reason to fear that you might not be able to treat them with equal fairness, then [only] one - or [from among] those whom you rightfully possess. This will make it more likely that you will not deviate from the right course." (Al-Quran, 4:3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musaa
What Quran prefers is marriage of 1 man to 1 woman as it is the best way to run the institution of marriage life. Islam doesn’t say marry only one but it prefers 1-1 marriage. Its wrong which Redmax has said that Quran says Marry only one.
Dear Musaa, when I stated this;

The Qur’an is the only religious scripture in the world that says, "marry only one".

The emphasis is on the "only religious scripture". There is no other religious scripture in the world that says "marry only one". If you find it in any other religion, please bring it here.
I very well know that Islam allows (not recommends) up to four wives at a time i.e Limited Polygamy as stated above. However, Islam recommends "marry only one", but in cases, as have been described in the Ayah posted above, it is permissible to marry more than one (up to four).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear
My intentions were not to make fun of your arguments but i wanted to open a new thing in this topic . .
May be you could open that 'new thing' with a little more straight forward statements and less Yellow Cartoons (Emoctions/Smilies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
it is a reality that life after marriage is full of duties.
May be life before marriage is not dutiful for you. It certainly is for many people around the globe.

I know a number of people who are fulfilling their duties as a family member prior to their marriages. Many of the members on this forum would also testify this as I believe some of them themselves come in this category. So, the point is my dear that life before or after marriage is full of duties and responsibilities. It is only that the center of responsibilities or their nature changes.

It's simply insane to believe that life before marriage is not full of responsibilities.

One more thing, I want to reiterate here, that it is NOT in the religion/customs of Hinduism to marry one only. It is in the Indian STATE LAW.

Someone has also pointed out that comparison between Islam and Hinduism should not be done. To him and anyone else having a similar opinion, I would say,
(The employment of counter examples is BY NO MEANS for the sake of comparison, but for better Understanding.)