View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 25, 2010

sfmascot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by most wanted View Post
@ Muhammad T S Awan
@ sfmascot
@ Gul Niazi
thnx a lot 4 ur valueable suggestions, my respected fellows, being Master in Pakistan studies i have gone through almost all the books normally recommended on this forum that include: book on indian history by V.D. Mahajan, by L.P. Sharma, by Ishwari Prasad, by K. Ali, by S.F. Mahmud, by Ghur Bakhsh singh Kapoor etc. but actually the book by Tariq Awan seems to some extent better than the formers 4 i think its the only reseach book on indo-pak history by a pakistani author... i just want to ask that shud i stdy other books with TARIQ AWAN'S or it suffice 4 css prep, as i only had an eye bird view of the aforementioned books while having my master, hadn't stdy them indepth...
dear wanted
you are right, being NIPSONIAN(PAK- STUDY) you must have studied some portion of indo pak history e.g freedom movement(1857-1947) or history of pakistan. as for the matter of athenticity is concern, SHAIKH MUHAMMAD IKRAM's book on indo pak (containg almost all the topics till 1707), prof shaik RASHEED's book on the later part of indo pak history are more athentic rather then that of V D MAHAJAN SAHIBA, AND K ALI.
THEanswer of your question is , yes awan's book is better but you should compare the contents with css recomended outline
thnxxxxxxx
HISTORIAN
most wanted (Thursday, November 25, 2010)