View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 01, 2010

rage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazibRoomi View Post
Firstly, I must appreciate your courage. At least koi larki to hay jo openly yeah kah sakti hay "if it were my choice, being female I would definitely abolish it"

The second thing

I have reiterated this here over and over and over again that this is an extremely flawed on part of common Muslims to over simplisticly believe that if Allah has said something it is Flawless, it is in favor of humanity whether I understand it or not. The main reason is that sometimes this happens that you are presented with two opposite meanings of a single ayat. At this time you ll have to use your wisdom. I need not to mention kay jab koi sunni kisi shia ko or jub koi shia kisi suni ko qatal karta hay tou is ki waja bhi yeahi approach hoti hay. A suicide bomber never thinks himself as a criminal but a follower of Quran. Laikin kya us ki yeah saadgi qabil e maafi hay?

After an emotional debate (jo redmax ko bhut buri lagi ho gi) let me present some the supporting logical arguments from within the Quran:

1- There are more then several verses in Quran which were valid only for a certain period of time and were validated only because of socio economic conditions of that time but then. This is really a surprising number but there are more than 260 abrogated verses.

2- Quran provided us with only a limited number of specific jurisprudence. Reason? Quran khud kahta hay kay Aa logo, prophet say itnay ziada sawal na kya karo. yeah na ho kay wo qanoon ban jaye jo baad main tum per giraan guzray. (I don't remember now but if you wish I ll provided you the reference of this ayah). So it is clear that Quran wants people to solve their problems by themselves.

3- Concept of Ijmaa and Ijtehad ( i have already quoted one haidth from among many more)

4- I have already given 4 examples. Let me copy paste:

hen why it is illegal to beat your wife now while Allah allowed that (pakistan penal code)

Then why is it illegal to buy and sell prisoners of war while Allah allowed that (pakistan penal code)

Then why is it illegal for a Muslim to keep and have sex with his maid without marriage while Allah allowed that ( Pakistan Penal code )

Then why is it illegal to wage a war on any non muslim country jo na islam qabool karay na jizia day while Allah allowed that ( UN charter signed by Pakistan)

5- Quran emphasizes over using logic. Many a time a phrase has been reiterated ,i.e., Afaala Ta'qeeloon (Aqal istamaal kion nahi kartay)

6- Itna rough believe rakhnay say app jahil mulla kay hath main aik khilona ban jao gay jo phir religion ko apnay vested interest kay liye freely use karay ga jaisay kay wo kar raha hay.

Finally, loog quran say pyar kartay hoye bhut si batain aisi bhi kah jatay hain jin ka dawa Khud Quran nay nahi kya. For example, "Quran main her cheez ka ilam maojood hay". Aqeedat ki had tak to theek hay laikin practically this approach creates a lot a problems.

Hope you are getting my point. Sirf maan laina, aqeedat ki had tak tou theek ho ga, but practically app ko samjhna bhi parta hay or samjhana bhi"
I am duly getting your view points.
  • You said, women should be strong enough to be self sufficient.
  • You admit, the most of the men in our society exploit and discriminate women in various ways.
  • And you believe polygamy should be abolished now.

As far as your given examples of Pakistan panel code are concerned, pakistani laws and Islamic laws are not the same to be compared. So can't say why something is there in pakistani panel code or why something is not.

And if Pakistani laws are to be emhasized,
  • There is also a law by which a man can be charged if he marries second time without the consent of his first wife. Does anyone bother that law?
  • There is a law regarding women's share in inheritence. Is it obeyed here, excluding a meagre portion of society? and a long list ...

Who care for laws here. And what will happen if added some more points to that panel code?

Coming to the core, You are of the view to change this divine ruling regarding polygamy (through Ijtehad) and think it would put an end to women dicrimination. right.

First thing, As I have already said if it were my choice, I would have abolished it. Secondly, it is more of men's interest (especially in our society where men misuse this permission only for their temptation) and they, most of the part, would never go for it.

I am not any blind follower and do not like others to be. But here I wanna ask something;
Will it still cause any harm, if it is followed fully as prescribed in Quran?

I just ask, without touching the controversy, If a man follows the clear cut directions (wherein no ambiguity lies or no chance of being interpreted in more than one ways) given by Allah, will it not be enough to change the whole scenario?

May be you are dreaming for the same kind of society as I but the difference lies in approach.

You are saying to abolish this option and think it would change the outlook. But I think, this kind of revolutions does not change the destiny of those people 'Jo dunya k kisi konay mein kisi na-muslim k kuch kehnay pe usay gustakh-e-Rasool keh k to apna eemaan zinda kertay hain, per apnay Rasool(P.B.U.H) k tareeqay pe chalna zruri nahi samajtay'.

Yes, it seems over simplistic to think that our Deen is flawless, but it is much more simple to correct our obvious mistakes before going to take such big steps.

• When birth of a girl baby would be celebrated same way as of a boy baby,
  • When dowry would be abolished from our society (which is already non-Islamic but exists in our society),
  • When consent of both man and woman would be considered mandatory for marriage agreement (that is Islamic but not bothered in majority cases),
etc.

Hamain Deen ki Islaah (Ijtehad) se Pehlay apni Islaah ki zrurat zyada hai.

Jb hamaray log in basic kamon mein theek ho jaen gay, to ye problem tab discuss ho sakay ga k whether polygamy should be abolished or not.
But now, it would not do any help rather generating a controversy and giving our people one more reason to fight.