View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Jawaria is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb "enlightened Moderation"

ASSALAMOALIKUM,

HOPE ALL OF U R IN HIGH SPIRITS AND R FINE BY GOD'S GRACE.I THINK, ZOHAIB FLOATED A GREAT IDEA OF GIVING SOME TOPICS SO WE COULD DISCUSS THEM,BUT IT SEEMS AS IF HE'S A BIT BUSY.I AM STILL WAITNG FOR HIS REPLY BUT IN MEAN TIME I WANNA SHARE MY VIEWS ABOUT A VERY "IN" TOPIC " ENLIGHTENED MODERATION",AND I EXPECT ,THAT EVERYBODY WOULD SHED SOME LIGHT OVER THIS TOPIC AS WELL.

The events of recent past,particularly post 9/11, have unfortunately compelled the western world to perceive the MUSLIMS as, the terrorists,fanatics and extremists.In such tumultuous circumstances, our president Pervaiz Musharraf,has introduced a two-pronged strategy,named____"ENLIGHTENED MODERATION".

It's one prong is to be delivered by the MUSLIM world ,by shunning etremism and adopting the path of socio-economic uplift and the other prong is meant to be delivered by the West and the United States,in particular ,by resolutely resolving all disputes with justice and by assisting the socio-economic uplift of the deprived Muslim world.I feel, that we've have sloemnly,delivered our role to a great extent(particularly in shunning militancy),but still loads of output is required from the the West to show in their role, not just cosmetic gestures.

They should help in solving our disputes with same zeal and force ,with which they had used for their war against terrorism.This strategy is not synonymous to Liberalisation,Westernisation and Secularism, but it should be saved from those people who want to hijack it towards Westernisation and Secularism, coz Pakistan was ,is and,will remain ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN ,forever.(AMEN).We need to adopt positive global changes to keep in pace with rest of the world but without violating our religious values.

In short, ENLIGHTENED MODERATION, can be a revolutionary strategy by strenghtening the Muslim world ,bridging the differences among Muslim world and the West,uplifting socio-economic conditions and in bringing peace ,only if it's being followed sincerely and pragmatically. Further,In case of kashmir ,we've followed it too by shunning militancy but it doesn't mean that just by doing this and improving trade and other things b/w India and Pakistan,we r doing some grt step for kashmiris, this is wat we r doing just for ourselves,there is a dying need that now we too demand complete ban of violence against innocent kashmiris and ask for some neutral authorities like UNO ,to sincerely interfere and evaluate the plight of kashmiris ,as we've fulfilled our promise with India.

WELL FRIENDS THIS IS A LIL A BIT OUTLOOK OF THIS CONCEPT.I WELCOME UR FEEDBACK ON THIS AND MORE INFO ON ENLIGHTENED MODERATION.GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY,REMEMBER ME IN PRAYERS,

take care,
REGARDS,
JAWARIA

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 03:04 AM.