View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 04, 2010

Ahmed_2007_Cool will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amna syed View Post
$alam to everyone!
Guide me as im new here. I want to ask how can i improve my english for css as im g00d in speaking bt week in writing, grammatically. from where i hv to get start??

Regards
Amna Syed
I need some guidance because I am new here. I want to know how I can improve my English for the CSS examination because while I'm good at speaking the language, my writing skills are weak, grammatically speaking. Where should I begin?

Regards,
Amna Syed

The following are some common English-language mistakes that I come across:

- "I want to ask how can I do this". The correct way of saying this is by reversing the order of the words "can" and "I".

You say, "how can I do this" if you want to say "yeh mein kaisay karun". However, if you want to say "mein yeh janna chahta houn ke kaisay karun", then you say, "I want to know how I can do this" and NOT "I wanna know how can I do this".

- Secondly, substituting "because" with "as" can sound clumsy at times. Avoid it altogether.

- When you say "from where can I get a start", you're directly translating from the Urdu phrase, "kahan se mein shuru karun". "Where do I begin" is sufficient to convey the message.
Amna syed (Wednesday, December 08, 2010), muhammadshahidnawaz87 (Saturday, December 04, 2010)